Miami University & Farmer Business School, Ohio, European Campus
as Adjunct Professor of International Business
The International Business Course is an introduction to all aspects of international business challenges facing a firm entering the global markets. We cover topics ranging from International Free Trade Theory to the Politics of Trade; the organisation of firms and production; the definition of strategies for international expansion, the international capital and trade finance markets and foreign exchange risk; the differences of cultures between nations and markets, international marketing and human resource management.
as Adjunct Professor of International Management
International Management introduces undergraduate students to concepts of organisational behaviour and the practical aspects of shaping and managing corporate culture. We study governance and the organisation of the firm; the motivation and engagement of employees to the values and mission of the company; leadership and the management of conflict, the art of decision-taking and corporate ethics; the management of objectives and people through the design of incentives, motivation and feedback; change management and communications.
Other educational initiatives
@ Institut Luxembourgois des Administrateurs (ILA)
- Moderator of the Luxembourg Institute of Directors Chartered Director Programme course "The Essentials" on the role and responsibilities of Board Directors
- Instructor on Luxembourg and European Governance Principles (ongoing since July 2012)
- Retained to design, develop and run a Master Class on the Role of the Non-Executive Director to commence in October 2014
- Chairing of the Panel at a Workshop on “Board performance and Board Review” organised by the Luxembourg Stock Exchange and the Institut Luxembourgeoise des Administrateurs June 2012.
@ Other Conferences
- Retained to design, develop and run a Master Class on Building, Managing and Leading a Global Compliance Organisation for the International Compliance Association (ICA) since March 2014.
- Workshop facilitation on Compliance Culture; Definition and Regulatory expectation at The European Compliance Conference (TECC) in Lisbon, March 2012.
- Lectured Miami University Summer Program students on the importance of ethics in organisations (June 2012).
- Institute for Global Financial Integrity panellist and workshop facilitator on the topic of “Evaluating the Culture of Ethics” in Luxembourg, November 2012.
- Speaker at the Luxembourg Female Board Pool Seminar on "Women Matter ... Don't they? - Women on Boards" (January 21/22, 2013).
- Workshop facilitation on Measuring and Communicating the Value of Compliance at TECC in Istanbul, April 2013
@ Upcoming Events
- Panelist / Speaker at the European Confederation of Directors Association conference on Ethics and Corporate Governance in Brussels, July 2nd 2013, on the topic of "Does European Corporate Governance need more Ethics?". http://www.ecoda.org